Who doesn’t love a quick and easy appetizer recipe? Especially when it involves cheese and sausage! This ridiculously easy Crockpot Cheesy Queso Dip recipe is just right for any party, game day or quick weeknight meal. You can serve it up as a dip paired with tortilla chips or even pita chips. Use it as a topping for a nacho or baked potato bar. How ever you decide to serve this Cheesy Queso Dip, your guest will be begging you for the recipe.
The first time I tried this dip, my girlfriend brought it into work. I was hesitant at first because I am not a huge fan of sausage. Once I tried it, I was hooked! Nothing in this recipe is over powering, everything blends together perfectly for a smooth and creamy cheese sauce/dip. It is now a favorite at our house and is on our weekly menu plan a few times a month.
Here is how we put it together …
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 Tbs. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 16oz. jar Pace salsa
- 1 32 oz. block Velveetta cheese
In a medium skillet, brown the sausage and drain all excess fat.
Cube the Velveeta cheese, this will make the cheese melt faster and more even in the crockpot.
Combine all of the ingredients in your crockpot.
Turn it on low and let everything melt together. Stirring occasionally. If the mixture is to thick, you can thin it out with a little milk. This usually takes about an hour.
Serve as a dip or over chips for nachos. This also makes an excellent baked potato topping!
5.0 from 1 reviews Crockpot Cheesy Queso Dip Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 1 hour Total time 1 hour 10 mins Author: Daily DIY Life Recipe type: Appetizer Cuisine: Mexican Ingredients
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 Tbs Chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 16 oz jar Pace salsa
- 1 32 oz. block Velveeta cheese – cubed
- In a medium skillet, brown your sausage. Drain all the excess fat.
- Combine the sausage, Velveeta cheese, chili powder, oregano and salsa into a crock pot. Cook on low heat, just until everything is melted together. Stirring occasionally. If sauce is to thick, add a little milk to thin it out.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
- This is also great on top of chips for nachos, or on top of a baked potato for an added twist.
Be sure to sign up for our NEWSLETTER to get all of our Tips , Recipes, and Projects right to your in box!