If I haven’t told you lately, we are major fans of all things cookie in this house! One of our absolute favorites is this slightly crunchy, but still moist and chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe. The deep rich flavor of chocolate in these cookies is simply irresistible. Pour yourself a nice tall glass of milk to wash them down, and you have the perfect afternoon snack.
The teens have really shown an interest in learning to cook lately. I love having those special moments with them in the kitchen. Having 4 boys, I was a little worried they wouldn’t have any interest in cooking or baking. So far, 2 out of the 4 have a pretty strong interest in cooking and I just love that. I get to teach them how to get around in the kitchen, and a few tips and tricks when it comes to food.
Today we learned how to separate an egg. The 15-year old teen did great! Got it on the very first try and no shells were even in the bowl. We made up a batch of our favorite Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies! I am going to share this incredible, moist, chewy, crispy and oh so perfect recipe with you all!
5.0 from 1 reviews Our Favorite Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe! Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 12 mins Total time 22 mins These cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside but perfectly moist and chewy on the inside. Simply irresistable. Author: Daily DIY Life Recipe type: Dessert Serves: 48 Ingredients
- ¾ cup butter (1 and ½ sticks) – melted & cooled
- 1¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Wisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Wisk in the eggs until completely combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Mix just until all ingredients are combined fully. The dough will be thick.
- Pour the white sugar onto a small saucer. Roll 1 Tablespoon of dough in the sugar until coated.
- Place on the cookie sheet, and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 – 12 minutes
How about a few extra photos during the process? Here is what was happening in our kitchen…
The dough! It is a little thick, but we like it that way!
Roll 1 Tbs of dough in the sugar. We used both white sugar and red sugar, you know …. for Valentines Day!
Flatten the dough balls using the bottom of a glass, this will ensure more even baking.
Do you have a favorite type of cookie? For us it is definitely a toss up between the oh so fabulous Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe and this scrumptious Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe! You should make them both, and let me know which one you prefer!
Be sure to sign up for our NEWSLETTER to get all of our Tips , Recipes, and Projects right to your in box!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK or FOLLOW US ON TWITTER to be the first to know when we add new goodies!