Want to change your bedroom ? Have a try to DIY wall art idea.
1.2 rolls of ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape Delicate Surfaces with Advanced Edge-Lock Paint Line Protector (1 narrow roll and 1 wider roll – exact widths are optional)
2.Plywood – cut to the size of your choice. We did 30″ wide by 48″ tall. This fit nicely over our cute console table.
3.1+ latex paint colors. We used two colors. You can use sample size pots of paint to save a few bucks.
7.Straight edge (we used a small ruler)
1. First, we traced a small square with the pencil, in the bottom left corner of the plywood. Make sure it is equal on all sides and perfectly square.
2. Starting with the narrow ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape, tape around the square and use your Exacto Knife and straight edge to trim it to be square. You may notice that this photo was take when we started this project on canvas.. then we changed our minds because we wanted to use wood so just pretend that’s plywood, mkay! #whoops
3. Next, grab your wider ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape and tape around the narrow taped off square. Repeat narrow square > wider square until your entire plywood sheet is covered.
4. Remove all of the wider ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape to leave you with a diamond ripple effect pattern.
5. Paint all of the exposed wood with your choice of colored latex paint. We used navy and pink because navy and pink are awesome and pair perfectly with the living room makeover we are working on right now. We got a little excited to preview what it was going to look like so we peeled off some tape to check it out before it was completely painted. We get excited easily!
6. Remove all of the ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape on the board.
Change a different color,change your mood.