When I think of BBQ I always think of fun summer meals. Cooking out on the grill is not always an ideal solution. That’s where this quick and easy BBQ Chicken Bacon Pasta comes in. With just 10 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cook time, dinner can be cooked and on the table in less time than it takes to heat up the grill. Serve with a nice fresh garden salad to make it a complete meal. The best part of all ….. This recipe is a One Pot Meal!
I have to admit, this was the first time making this recipe, and the teens went nuts over it! They are both huge BBQ lovers but were very skeptical at first. I mean c’mon there’s onions in it! It CAN’T be good right? WRONG! They both had seconds and kept raving about how good it was. They didn’t even pick out the onions. How’s that for a successful meal?
BBQ Chicken Bacon Pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce – divided
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1 10 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 chicken breasts – cooked and cubed
- 1 bag REAL bacon bits
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- In a large pot on medium heat, saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, milk, tomatoes and pasta to the pot. Cover and cook for 10 – 15 minutes until pasta is al dente. Most of the liquid will be gone by this point.
- Mix in the chicken, bacon, remaining BBQ sauce and cheese. add Salt & Pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad and Parmesan Garlic Knots.
We are always on the look out for more easy One Pot Meals! Pinterest is our favorite place to save what we find! Be sure to follow along with us if you love delicious recipes and easy One Pot Meals!
Follow Daily DIYlife’s board Recipes on Pinterest.