This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareIceColdFun #CollectiveBias
We have been on a major hamburger kick around here lately, finding a new burger topping that we love is always a tasty adventure. This time I was trying to come up with something simple, that was full of flavor for my afternoon lunch date with mom. After a few not so exciting ideas, I came up with one of the best yet. Bacon Onion Jam! Seriously, who doesn’t love bacon? Sweet Vidalia onions, salty bacon, and tangy balsamic vinegar were the perfect match for our mother-daughter lunch.
WELCOME TO DAILY DIY LIFE! IF YOU ARE NEW HERE, YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER RECIPES, CRAFT PROJECTS, OR HOME DECOR POSTS. OR SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST TO STAY UP TO DATE WHEN SOMETHING NEW HAS BEEN ADDED.
Bacon Onion Jam Recipe – Pin it for later!
Follow Daily DIY Life on Pinterest!
One of my mom’s favorite meals ever is a good juicy hamburger. So I knew when we were planning our lunch date what the basic menu would be, but I wanted to add a little something extra and flavorful to top our burgers. That is where the Bacon Onion Jam comes in. She is not a huge fan of onions, but the slow caramelization of the Vidalia onions and the salty and sweet additions to the jam made this our absolute favorite burger topping! This will forever be a staple in our house from this point forward.
While I was out shopping for our lunch date at Giant Eagle, I was thrilled to see the new Share an Ice Cold Coca-Cola™ bottles were back! With 1000 new names (and last names!) I found both of our names on a Diet Coke® bottle almost right away. This was perfect! Our local Giant Eagle always has the best selection and service. I even had the cashier looking for his name while he helped me find ours.
You can find your Ice Cold Coca-Cola™ right at the front of the store in the check out lanes.
How cool is it that they have added 1000 names? You can even find last names now on the new bottles! Love it!
What goes better with an Ice Cold Coca-Cola than a messy, juicy burger? A messy, juicy burger topped with the BEST bacon onion jam, that’s what! With just four ingredients, this is a must make for your next summer picnic or barbecue.
Bacon Onion Jam – The Only Burger Topping You Need!!
- 1 pound bacon – cut into small pieces
- 2 large Vidalia onions – sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon pieces in a large skillet. Drain the grease, leaving 2 – 4 tablespoons in the pan.
- In the same pan, add the sliced onions. Toss to coat with bacon grease. Over medium-low heat, cook the onions until they are a deep brown color and caramelized, stirring frequently. This will take about 45 minutes to an hour. Don’t rush it! The longer they cook the more flavor it will add.
- Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Don’t forget to scrape the bottom to get up all the good cooking bits. This adds flavor! lots of it!
- Continue to stir until the liquid reduces by about half. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the delicious Bacon Onion Jam into a mason jar and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to add it to your perfect burger.
- Will keep for a week or two sealed in the fridge. (If it lasts that long!)
Stop by your local Giant Eagle Supermarket and pick up one of the new 20 oz. Share an Ice Cold Coke bottles for someone you love today!
Share your photos on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #ShareIceColdFun
Love this recipe? Be sure to PIN IT using the image below!